Wednesday 9 January 2008

Got a date

Got a surgery date now - 1 Feb.

Also have been telling frineds and colleagues. I've been amazed at the support and goodwill coming back at me. It's been so helpful. I've also been truly surprised at the sheer number of people who have been touched by breast cancer - either themselves or a close relative. And the list of colleagues who have recovered from it is astounding!

I'm due to start back at college this weekend. I'm pleased about my hospital date as I have 2 college weekends before I go in. I'm still trying to talk to the tutor though, to make sure it's all OK with them.

It's hard to tell if there are any side-effects of the tamoxifen. I thought I had headaches and felt sick...until I went riding and they went away. (So I suppose that was stress.) Yesterday, I was very thirsty and tired...or was that general hypochondria at going back to work after a break?

I'm still feeling positive and pleased to be getting it sorted out. I'm just not thinking about the treatment though. I'll cross that bridge when I need to.

No comments: